Monday 27 June 2011

Its Alive !

Wow I can not believe how fast time is passing, as of this Friday (which is also Canada day !!!) I will only have one more month left here in Brasil !! Although I am so excited about going home I don't want to leave this beautiful country and all the amazing people I've met here. So much has happened since my last post (since it has been like 3 weeks). Work at IFBA has started to get more interesting as our Ilê Aiyê project moves forward, me and Keaton are working on the Financial sector of the institution while Jake is focusing more on the Human Resources. I am hoping that in two weeks we can have this institution implementing some of our action plans to manage their organization better. Also there is a new side project we MIGHT have the privilege of working on through ITCP (a small co-operative that makes organic granola bars with anti-depressants). I will have more information on this project as things begin to unravel and we should find out soon if we can work intimately in our remaining month on developing a market in Canada for these granola bars. I'll keep this post more work related and my next post (tomorrow) will be on my adventure to Rio de Janeiro with my sister and Pelourinho (the old part of Salvador) oh and of course Sao Joao, which I missed most of because I was in Rio. Basically I am still loving it here although each day brings a new culture shock - today I saw a dead dog decaying by some garbage at a bus stop in a run down neighbourhood, I have to say that kind of ruined my day but that's life I suppose and expect the unexpected. I guess I have come to realize that in Canada I am sheltered from the brutality of real life. This experience is definitely changing me and I'm grateful for it.

Tchau for now, e beijos !

No comments:

Post a Comment