Thursday 2 June 2011

Aventuras De-Samana: viver a vida que desejo

Olá fellow gringo's (foreigners), I have news ! On the weekend, I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers right here in Salvador !! Or as the locals call them, Head Hotch Chili Peppers (haha). Ok so I didn't see the actual band but pretty close ! The cover band was sooo good, my fellow gringo had a rough time and hugged the porcelain throne for about 3 hours but thank god he heard the best songs before that happened. The bar we went to go see them is called Groove Bar, we saw the Beetles cover band there too, its really a great place I highly recommend it, and don't worry they sing in perfect english gringo's ! The bar is in Barra right by the beach, great location and decent price, about R$30 to get in. After the bar I watched the sunrise with my girl Pri, overall a great weekend. Sunday consisted of watching The Hangover 2 hungover, great combination I think. However, I was NOT impressed with The Hangover 2, it was essentially The Hangover with a different location and animal and missing person but everything else was identical, and yes the movie was in english, my portuguese is not that advanced yet. I really wish I could just wake up one morning and be fluent in Portuguese, life would be so much easier, but for now I suppose I'll just keep studying. Today we have a meeting with the Afro Brazilian institution we are working with called Ilê Aiyê, I am pretty excited to be working with this group as they have deep african roots and a large impact on afro brazilian culture here in Salvador, they are greatly respected by the community and I think they have amazing potential. We are just trying to re-organize them so they can use their full potential and hopefully get some more funding so they can continue their social work in the community. That's all for now ! Até amanha !

Bom Dia, beijossss 

No comments:

Post a Comment